Councillor Antonella Celi
|Posted by antonellaceli on August 11, 2021 at 4:55 AM|
New Financial Hardship help now available for our #morningtonpeninsula community.
Mornington Peninsula Shire has endorsed a new financial hardship policy and reduced or waived $1 million worth of fees for local businesses, community groups and individuals doing it tough due to COVID-19.
The fee reductions are as follows:
* Hospitality – footpath trading – 100% reduction
* Events and live entertainment – busking permits,
* Place of Public * * Entertainment (POPE) fees, events fees and charges – 100% reduction
* The arts - artists in residence Police Point – 50% reduction
* Sports club lease and licenses – 50% reduction
* 40 child swimming lessons for families experiencing financial hardship – 100% reduction
Fee waivers or reductions will be automatically applied in most cases.
* A new hardship policy will be supported by a special fund, which has been set aside to enable other eligible type of fees and charges to be waived or reduced for those suffering financial hardship.
In 2021/22 (financial year) the Shire will invest over $10million in recovery projects, programs, and initiatives. These actions will contribute to the lasting resilience and renewal of the Peninsula.
Download the COVID-19 Towards Recovery map here: https://www.mornpen.vic.gov.au/Community-Services/Health-Wellbeing/Community-Health-Wellbeing/COVID-19/COVID-19-Towards-Recovery
For more information contact the Shire https://www.mornpen.vic.gov.au/Contact-Us
Categories: Grants and Funding